Baken-ETS is not particularly healthy since it does not contain nutritional elements like minerals and vitamins. This delicious deep-fried pork skin is high in protein and fat which makes it suitable for those following a Keto or Atkins diet.
If you are on a low carbs diet, Baken-ETS might be a satisfying snack to munch on as it has no carbohydrates.
It is important however not to overemphasize the protein and fat health benefits of Baken-ETS as it lacks nourishment. This snack is highly processed and deep-fried, and for that reason, it is high in sodium, saturated fat, and cholesterol. This makes it very unhealthy.
Baken-ETS is hence a snack that should only be consumed in moderation.
What is Baken-ETS made of?
Baken-ETS is made of fried pork skin, which is the main ingredient. The other ingredients include,
- Monosodium Glutamate
- Citric Acid
- Maltodextrin (made from corn)
- Sunflower Oil
- Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Artificial Color
- Natural Flavors
- Sodium Diacetate
- Malic Acid
These ingredients have been cooked in perfect proportion to produce a savory with crispiness in every bite. It is a popular snack loved by Americans.
Baken-ETS carbs content
Baken-ETS is a carb-free snack. More precisely, it has total carbs of 1 gram. This 1 gram of carbs is from net carbs. Net carbs are essentially what the body can digest into glucose. You can calculate net carbs by subtracting fiber and sugar from total carbs. This also tells us that Baken-ETS has zero fiber and sugar.
Total Carbs (1g) = Net Carbs (1g) + Fiber (0g) + Sugar (0g)
If you are on a Keto or Atkins diet, you may consume up to 20 grams of net carbs. It can also be said that fried pork skin is a slightly better alternative snack to potato chips.
Baken-ETS calories content
The amount of calories content per serving of 15 grams of Baken-ETS is 90 calories. Out of which, 54 calories (60%) are from fat, and the remaining 36 calories (40%) are from protein.
Total Calories (90) = Fat (54) + Protein(36)
Too much fat content may be a red flag and can affect your high-fat and high-protein Keto and Atkins diet by causing your weight loss to plateau. As a result, one should monitor their intake of these snacks.
Are Baken-ETS real pork skins?
The answer is yes – Baken-ETS are made from real pork skins. Fresh pig skins are carved into thin slices and further boiled, which reduces the size of these pork slices. These slices puff up like popcorn when it is deep-friend.
What oil is Baken-ETS fried in?
Baken-ETS is fried in sunflower oil, canola oil, and corn oil. Lard is also used in addition to this. Lard is essentially oil extracted from the fat in pigskin.
Are Baken-ETS keto-friendly?
Baken-ETS is quite keto-friendly. They are a tangy protein-packed titbit to satisfy your mid-meal cravings. It is also high in fat content and has zero carbohydrates. So it fulfills the need for a low carbs diet.
Do Baken-ETS contain gluten?
Baken-ETS is a gluten-free product. None of its ingredients contains gluten. There are different flavors of Baken-ETS which are gluten-free and one of its flavors has gluten.
Baken-ETS’ gluten-free flavors include
- Baken-ETS Fried Pork Skins
- Baken-ETS Hot ‘N Spicy Flavored Pork Skins
- Baken-ETS Salt and Vinegar Flavored Fried Pork Skins
- Baken-ETS Sweet Southern Heat BBQ Flavored Fried Pork Skins
- Baken-ETS Traditional Fried Pork Tender Cracklins
Baken-ETS Honey Mustard Fried Pork Skins contains gluten.
The ingredients in this are gluten-free too. But corn-starch is one of the ingredients here, and this has a risk of cross-contamination with products that contain gluten.
To wrap up, Baken-ETS has some health benefits when eaten in small amounts. It’s high in protein and fat and is carb-free. It is however crucial to note that it is highly processed, is deep-fried, and is high in salt, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
I am Anand, and I am a business owner and consultant in my day job. I have spent years studying what’s inside the products we buy. ‘Feedrer’ is a wordplay on you-know-who and talks about all things food.